- NICCL contracts with a vendor for discounted rates; well under the going rate
- Consortium pricing opportunities for hardware and software
- Members pay only for hours used when working with our contracted vendor. Hours can be “pay as you go” or purchased in advance.
- Eliminates employee benefits and payroll taxes associated with adding a staff position.
- Hours are used on “as needed” basis or on a schedule you set
- Services range from simple repairs to complex consulting
- Well-trained group of technicians devoting 300 hours per week to consortium issues
- Knowledge gained from individual project benefits the group
- Consultation with a “big picture” view of local, state and national objectives. Provider consults with the State Library and other state and federal agencies to remain in tune with current trends and activities.
- Members network on technology topics
- Group meetings are held at least 4 times per year, either in person or virtually.
- Sponsor workshops, webinars and products demonstrations for members